I have always enjoyed decorating for the holidays, especially after we had our son, which seemed to make the holidays even more special. While I love crafting decorations, with a little one running around, I appreciate when the crafts are easy and not overly time consuming. Here are two Halloween craft ideas to decorate your home for very little time, money and effort! I found all of my supplies (excluding the sticks and candy corn) at Michaels. Don’t forget to print your coupons before you go (http://weeklyad.michaels.com/)!
What you need:
1) Cut ribbon a little longer than the circumference of the pumpkin.
2) Put a dab of superglue on the pumpkin and attach ribbon. I find it easier to wait a few seconds to allow the glue to thicken and become sticky.
3) Wrap pumpkin with ribbon and secure end of ribbon with another dab of superglue and let dry. (Helpful hint: If you are having trouble with the super glue, you can secure both ends of the ribbon by inserting a flat thumbtack or straight pen).
4) Trim excess ribbon.
5) Arrange pumpkins in a bowl or on their own for display!
Candy Corn Jars
What you need:
Candy Corn (be sure to buy extra to enjoy while you craft!)
Black Spray Paint
1) Find sticks, spray paint and let dry.
2) Fill mason jars ¾ full with candy corn.
3) Insert sticks into jar with candy corn.
4) Fill mason jar just below rim with candy corn and adjust sticks.
5) Pick the perfect spot in your house (out of the reach of little ones!) for this easy craft!
*If you have extra ribbon from your pumpkins, you can use the extra to wrap a mason jar to coordinate your decorations. You can also add your own creative twist with things like fake cobwebs, spiders and more!
These crafts will help put your home in the Halloween spirit and you’ll get to tell your friends and family you did it yourself! Be sure to hold onto the mason jars after Halloween…you will be able to use them again with another craft idea you’ll see on QCMB when the winter holidays are here!