This recipe is one of my favorites. It’s easy to make and my kids always ask for seconds! It’s from The Pampered Chef: Stoneware Inspirations Cookbook.
Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 jar white Alfredo pasta sauce (16 oz.)
2 packages refrigerated cheese-filled regular or spinach tortellini (9 oz each pkg)
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1 cup frozen peas
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp snipped fresh basil leaves or 1 tsp dried basil leaves
1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese (1 oz)
2 tbsp butter or margarine
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In 4 qt. Casserole, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
3. Stir in pasta sauce, tortellini, chicken, milk, water, peas, and black pepper. Heat until mixture just comes to a boil; remove from heat.
4. Stir basil into pasta mixture
5. For crumb topping, place butter in microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until melted. Stir in bread, crumbs, and cheese; mix well.
6. Spoon pasta mixture into 9×13 pan; sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are bubbly and topping is golden brown.
I always use a really good bread and Parmesan Cheese for the crumb topping. Trust me, it will be worth it!
Nutrition Information: Calories 550, Total Fat 24g, Saturated Fat 12g, Cholesterol 110mg, Carbohydrates 54g, Protein 28g, Sodium 1150mg, Fiber 4g