Man of the House is a new series that we are starting at QCMB which will feature information about our better halves! First up is Jake Pries who is Emily’s husband from our writing team.
1. The Most Challenging part of being a dad is? Knowing that I am the example that our son is watching to learn what a man is, and showing our daughter what an acceptable man is.
2. The most rewarding part is? Seeing your baby smile ear to ear when they see you and having your preschooler come running and death squeeze your neck when you pick them up.
3. My parenting style is? My style is strict but loving.
4. Growing up, I was always the guy? with the pocket knife.
5.The things I never do around the house are? I never dust and rarely vacuum.
6. But I do help with? I do laundry, dishes at times, mow the lawn, change diapers, pick up the house, cook every once in awhile, drop off/pick up kids to/from daycare, and dress the kids (in the clothes Emily sets out!).
7. We had a great date night when? A great night was Huckleberry’s Pizza and Comedy Sportz followed by Dueling Pianos at The Establishment Theater.
8. My favorite family ritual is? Lazy Saturday mornings are my favorite.
Thank you Jake for participating and keep your eye out for the next Man of the House!