1. The Most Challenging part of being a dad?
- Being a first time parent, it’s not having all the answers. No books, websites, or words of wisdom can prepare you for being a not only a father but a parent in general.
2. The most rewarding part?
- Getting a big smile and hug when I get home from work, hearing Harper’s laugh, and just watching her grow and develop into a little person.
3. My parenting style?
- My goal is to be stern but fair. I want Harper to know that if you’ve done something wrong and are honest about it, you’ll be in far less trouble than if you try to hide it. I hope this will give us a more open and stronger relationship.
4. Growing up, I was always the guy?
- That did the right thing
5. The things I never do around the house?
- Never is pretty strong, I’d rather say things I ‘rarely’ do is mop the floor, dust, wash clothes, most high level cleaning.
6. But I do help with?
- Cleaning after dinner, fold laundry, changing and feeding harper, yard work, and other manual labor around the house.
7. We had a great date night when?
- We met up with dinner with friends, then out to some of the local breweries (father’s day gift). Our 2 year anniversary is coming up and there is a special date night in place for that. Erin will have to provide an update on that date night.
8. My favorite family ritual is?
- I’ve really come to enjoy sitting at the table for dinner and think it’ll be an even bigger treat when Harper is telling us about her day and all the things she learned and fun she had. Our holiday rituals are also something I’m looking forward to.